Property taxes:

  • You can pay online by credit or Visa debit or through your financial institution.
  • You can pay in person by cheque. Ensure that the amount on the cheque reflects the exact amount owing and includes the 19-digit tax roll number shown on your tax bill. Please drop the cheque off in the secure payment box outside the main entrances of:
    • Kanata Client Service Centre at 580 Terry Fox Drive
    • Orleans Client Service Centre at 255 Centrum Boulevard
  • Payments are processed on business days only.

Water bills:

  • Pay online with My ServiceOttawa or through your financial institution.

Provincial offences and parking tickets:

  • Call 3-1-1 and follow the prompts.

Other online services:

  • Register or renew a pet registration
  • Apply for or renew an open air fire permit
  • Pay a parking or traffic ticket
  • Apply for a Food Premise Business License
  • Load or manage a Presto Card
    • If you are unable to access City services online, please call 3-1-1 so we can assist you.

Employment and Social Services

  • Ontario Works financial assistance may be available for basic living expenses and health expenses.
  • Residents should make requests by phone, not in person. Please call 3-1-1 and press 4 for Social Services.
  • Existing clients can call or email their case worker.
  • Ontario Works clients can use the online tool MyBenefits for any updates.
  • Staff are waiting on further direction on changes to the Employment Insurance program.

Long-Term Care

  • The City’s four long-term care homes are open.
  • Staff are following best practices to ensure everyone’s safety, including screening all visitors.
  • Visitors are limited to family visiting residents at end of life or in palliative care.
  • Adult day programs and tours of the homes are cancelled.

Children’s Services

  • Licensed child care centres, including municipal child care centres, and EarlyON Child and Family Centres are closed.
  • The City is asking the Province about exceptions so essential staff can access child care.

Housing Services

  • The City continues to support residents experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless through emergency shelters, support services and outreach.
  • Households and landlords will get housing allowances and rent supplements one week early to assist with cash flow.
  • There will be no evictions from social housing during this time.
  • The Social Housing Registry continues to take calls from residents. People fleeing domestic violence can continue to apply for priority housing.
  • Housing providers are checking in with vulnerable tenants over the phone.
  • Visits to the City’s family shelter are limited to specialized services.
  • Ottawa Inner City Health is visiting shelters with a mobile assessment van and has a nurse on call during evenings and weekends.
  • On Friday, March 20, the Routhier Community Centre will be converted to a temporary isolation centre for people in the shelter system who are required to self-isolate due to COVID-19. This will help mitigate the spread of the virus within the shelter environment.
    • The City will consult with Ottawa Public Health to implement best practices for cleaning and maintaining the centre, both as its use as an isolation centre and before it is returned to the City for community use.
  • The City is exploring options for families who may need to self-isolate due to exposure, symptoms or testing positive for COVID-19.
  • Funding for homelessness programs continues. Some agencies are closed, but staff are available by phone. Agencies that are open have reduced staffing, are social distancing and are following strict hygiene procedures.

Please call 2-1-1 for more information on the community, social, government and health services and programs available in Ottawa.

While the City is not currently looking for volunteers, residents who want to help can check in with neighbours and friends who may be vulnerable, overwhelmed, lonely or in need of help.