Get the most out of Winterlude activities
Ottawa – Winterlude runs every weekend from February 2 to 19 with many activities happening at City facilities: City Hall, Lansdowne Park and Shenkman Arts Centre.
Marion Dewar Plaza at Ottawa City Hall, combined with Confederation Park, is an official Winterlude site, hosting family activities and demonstrations throughout the festival. The Sens Rink of Dreams will again be a popular skating destination for festival visitors. Some other Winterlude highlights include:
- NHL Alumni 3-on-3 game at City Hall
- Crackup Snowmania Challenge at Lansdowne
- Fête Frissons at Shenkman Arts Centre
- Alles Walzer! Everybody Waltz! at City Hall
- The Mayor’s Family Day Skate Party at City Hall
For more information on Winterlude activities visit ottawa.ca.
OC Transpo will operate free service on the OLG Sno-Bus between Dow’s Lake, Lansdowne, City Hall and Confederation Park.
- Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Family Day, February 19,from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
STO will also run free service from Confederation Park to Jacques-Cartier Park from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., except on Family Day. The OLG Sno-Bus route will be extended to Jacques Cartier Park on Family Day.
The service, which is sponsored by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission (OLG), will run every 15 minutes. You are not permitted to board the bus wearing skates. While carrying skates on the bus, use skate-guards to avoid injury or carry your skates at your side by the blades.
During Winterlude weekends, Queen Elizabeth Driveway between Laurier Avenue and Preston Street will be closed to traffic, and also Laurier Avenue from Elgin Street to Nicholas Street. These closures will be in effect:
- Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Sundays from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Family Day, February 19, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Parking is available at all municipal parking lots, including at Ottawa City Hall where you can catch the OLG Sno-Bus. If you are parking at City Hall, please use the Elgin Street entrance.
If you plan on attending Ottawa 67’s games during Winterlude, your 67’s ticket gets you a free OC Transpo ride on regular public transit routes from three hours before to three hours after the game.