OC Transpo will be offering unlimited no-charge service on all forms of transit (buses, O-Train and Para Transpo) to customers in December, in recognition of the considerable disruption faced by transit users following the suspension of O-Train Line 1 service.
OC Transpo is making unlimited no-charge transit in December as easy as possible for customers:
- From December 1 to 31, fare gates at all O-Train stations will be opened and fare boxes and smartcard readers on all OC Transpo buses will be covered.
- Monthly December passes will not be sold.
- Presto customers with auto-renew subscriptions will see a one-cent charge which will be credited back to their account.
- U-Pass customers or customers with a school board issued pass do not need to tap their card at O-Train stations or on OC Transpo buses.
- All Para Transpo trips during December will be at no charge.
- Regular fares continue to apply to transit customers travelling on the Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO)(link is external) system. Customers who had a monthly pass on their Presto card in November and U-Pass customers should tap their card as they board but no charges will be applied. Other customers will need to pay the applicable STO fare.
Customers who have questions can visit octranspo.com(link is external) or call 613-560-5000 for more information and can use the OC Transpo Travel Planner(link is external) to plan their trips.