In May of 2015, City Council approved the scope of a comprehensive review of the City’s taxicab and limousine regulations. This includes potential regulations to recognize the emergence of new hailing technologies and transportation-for-a-fee service models.
Having worked with the City of Ottawa and its predecessors for many years on a variety of complex projects and program reviews, KPMG has extensive knowledge, experience and skills in conducting this type of review, as well as modernizing service delivery models.
Phase 1 – Research Phase – early September to mid-October
KPMG and its partners on the Ottawa Taxi and Limousine Regulations and Service Review are developing six discussion papers that will facilitate informed consideration and input on the potential changes to taxi and limousine regulation and service that will give you useful information in preparing your comments and suggestions.
- Case Studies (of other cities) & Current Regulatory Regime: released October 15, 2015
- Emerging Issues in the Taxi and Limousine Industry & Accessible Issues: released October 22, 2015
- Customer Experience & Taxi Economics: to be released October 29, 2015
In November, after some discussion of the Background Papers has occurred, a further document will be posted here providing:
- Policy Options
Phase 2 – Consultation Phase – mid-September to early November
There will be opportunities for all interested parties to provide input. You can:
- Register for a workshop
- Subscribe to receive the Review’s email updates
- Send your comments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 613-580-TAXI (8294)
- Read the discussion papers above
Phase 3 –Analysis and Reporting Phase – November and December
Analysis of the research and the input from the public consultation will lead to publication of a Policy Options paper providing a final opportunity for input before the draft report is prepared and submitted before the end of December 2015.
Taxi Review Project Lead
Emergency and Protective Services Department,
110 Laurier Avenue West, 5th floor, Ottawa ON K1P 1J1