Thank you for continuing to engage with me and Planning staff via NewOP@Ottawa.ca on the Official Plan review process. Over the past year, we’ve gained significant and beneficial changes in this important document that will affect Alta Vista. Together, among other achievements, we’ve attained;
- An Outer Urban designation from Inner Urban for a majority of Alta Vista
- The right to build single-family homes
- Greater tree protections for our neighbourhoods
- Beneficial active transportation policies
As we continue to dive into the nuances of the current draft I continue to connect residents with Planning Staff to continue those discussions, to get clarity, and to further inform our neighbours.
- Open House – September 29
- Joint Committee – October 14
- City Council – October 27
Pending Council and approval by the Province, a 2-to-3 year Zoning Bylaw Review will be initiated which will provide further details on how Ottawa plans to grow over the coming decades. There will be a large community consultation component to the Zoning Review and I look forward to continuing our discussions.
If you have any questions on the New OP, please visit Engage.Ottawa.ca/the-new-official-plan, or email me at JeanCloutierOtt@Ottawa.ca.